21st May, 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Firstly, thank you for your care and understanding throughout the last few months. It has been a very challenging time for everyone, but I cannot thank you enough for the way you have supported your children and our school.
Following advice from the Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government has advised that schools can begin a phased return to on-site schooling.
I now take the opportunity to outline the return to school arrangements we will be implementing.
The Premier has indicated that next Monday 25th May is to be a Curriculum Day to enable staff to prepare for the return of students. No students will be at school on this day and remote learning will not be in place.
Students in Foundation and Grade 1/ 2 will return to school from Tuesday 26th May and Grades 3 – 6 will return on Tuesday 9th June.
Grade 3 – 6 will continue learning from home until they return.
Once a year level has returned, all students will be expected to return to school as normal. This means if you decide to keep your child/ children at home after their year level has returned to on-site schooling, we can no longer support their learning from home.
This does not apply to children who need to be absent for health or medical reasons. If this is the case please contact us.
This same approach is being taken by all government schools In Victoria.
Foundation and Grade 1/2 Return To School Arrangements
We aim to reduce the number of adults in the school grounds at any one time and to ensure that strict social distancing is in place at all times. To this end, we ask parents and carers to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not enter the school grounds or school buildings. Any communication with staff (including office staff) will be via phone or email.
- We ask that parents who drop off or pick up their children do so from the gates in Eldorado Crescent.
- Foundation students are to be dropped off between 9.15 and 9.30 and picked up promptly at 3.00.
- Grade 1/ 2 students are to be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00 and picked up promptly at 3.3
- Students from Grades 3- 6 who haven’t been learning from home can continue to attend from 9.00 to 3.30 but must also be dropped off and picked up outside the gates.
- Specialist teachers, the Leadership Team and some Education Support staff will be at the front of the school from 8.45 to provide assistance.
- Please do not drop off students earlier than the allocated time.
- Lunch and recess times will be as usual but the canteen will be closed until further notice.
- These procedures will be closely monitored. If it is found that parents are congregating in groups alternate arrangements will need to be implemented.
- There will be restrictions on access to the school site for anyone other than immediate school staff and students.
- If your child is ill or feeling unwell, then they must not attend school. They must stay home and seek medical advice.
- We will do a temperature check on students who have the indication of being unwell. We have laser thermometers for this purpose.
- Students bring their own water bottles and they can be filled at convenient taps. All water fountains are removed.
- Students are not to engage in contact activities or activities where contact is likely.
- Extra cleaning will continue during term 2 and 3 including daily cleaning of ‘high touch’ areas such as handles and door knobs.
- There will be no assembly- type gatherings until further notice.
- There will be no staff gatherings until further notice.
- There will be no breakfast club and no canteen until further notice.
- There will be no inter – school sport until further notice.
- There will be no excursions until further notice.
- There will be further information regarding parent teacher meetings coming out soon with report information.
We understand that some families my feel anxious about this move back to classroom teaching and learning. I can assure you that this decision has been made on the basis of the best health advice available to our state.
More information about the return to school and coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the Departments website, which will continue to be updated:
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time. We look forward to welcoming all our students back to the classroom.