The lovely Hemanta prepared some delicious Momos for our English class. She has kindly shared her recipe..
1/2 grated carrot (optional)
1 finely chopped onion
1 tsp coriander
2 tsp salt
3 tsp oil
1 cm grated ginger
Small round wonton pastry
- Roughly chop cabbage and place in a blender. Coarsely blend then using your hands squeeze out the remaining liquid. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix. It is optional to lightly fry all the ingredients at this stage.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in the centre of the wonton pastry
- Wet the edge of the pastry and then fold over the pastry and seal. Pleat the edge of the momos.
- Place momos in a steamer for approx 6 mins or until pastry is not sticky to touch and has become translucent.