13th April 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION* On-Site Requirements for families. Please read carefully.
On-site requirements – information for parents and carers.
The Victorian Government has stated that all students who can learn from home must learn from home. However, schools will continue to offer on-site programs for eligible students during regular school operating hours. Please review the details below that highlights which families and students are eligible to attend school.
All students will be learning from home, except for children on days and sessions when they are not able to be supervised at home and absolutely no other arrangements can be made. This will be available for children of parents who cannot work from home and vulnerable children. If you are working from home, regardless of the nature of your work, you are considered to be in a position to supervise your children. We understand the challenge that this may present for many families, however the direction is very clear that all students who can learn at home must learn from home.
Attending school does not mean they will be taught by the classroom teacher. All students on site will be completing their remote/flexible learning on their devices. Supervision could be provided by any staff member at Bethal Primary School or a Casual Relief Teacher.
The Department of Education has put in place an On-site attendance application form. This will require parents to indicate the days or part-days they require their child/ren to attend school on-site. Please find this form attached and also on the school website. This form will need to be completed on a weekly basis with adjustments of days (if required) in place so we can organise appropriate staffing.
I ask all families that meet the criteria above to PRINT and complete the On-site attendance form (Bethal Onsite Attendance Document pdf) – and take a photo of it and email it back to me at email@example.com ASAP. This form will need to be completed by families on a weekly basis.
If your form request meets the threshold of the student being on-site I will confirm this with you via email or phone call. Once confirmed, you will be able to send your child to school on the days that you have highlighted in this form for that week.
Attendance on-site will not be granted if this form has not been completed.
As per the Department of Education guidelines, I will need to determine attendance in advance each week to support adequate staffing. So as of week 2 term 2 all parents/carers must:
- BY 3PM EVERY THURSDAY: Provide the attendance application form and evidence for required days/times the following
- BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS EVERY FRIDAY: School to confirm arrangements with parents/carers.
CONDITIONS WHEN ENTERING THE SCHOOL
- Students that meet the criteria will be dropped at the front office accompanied by a parent no earlier than 8:45am.
- Students will then be directed to the classroom that they will be working
- Parent pick up will be out the front of the school. Parents are asked to maintain the 1.5 metres social distancing regulations. If it is raining at pick up time we ask parents to find a sheltered space and wait for announcements to identify where pick up will take
- If you are collecting your child before 3:30pm then pick up will take place from the office
Teresa De Mercurio