Bethal Primary School currently has 346 students enrolled. The Department of Education has instructed us to only accept children from our local area or catchment zone. The zone includes all residences that live near Bethal Primary School and is the closest school. The aim is to manage our enrolments and create a happy balance across all schools. Students who are currently enrolled at the school or younger siblings yet to start school will not be affected.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
How to enrol
To enrol your child at Bethal PS you will need to fill out an enrolment form at the school and provide the school with important information about your child, including:
- evidence of your child’s date of birth (if they were not born in Australia, a passport or travel document such as a visa)
- your contact, phone and address details, and that of any other parent, guardian and/or carer
- documentation regarding any custody issues
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- doctor’s names and phone numbers
- Immunisation Status Certificate
- health and welfare information including Medicare card
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears at home
Or ring and make an appointment for a tour with our principal Teresa DeMercurio on 9309 7626.
We encourage you to attend these orientation days with your child so that you also can familiarise yourself with the school and its environment.